Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In the News: Huffington Post (Denver)


Derec Shuler is running for the Colorado State Senate in District 34 (NW Denver). Although Derec isn't a stereotypically progressive candidate (he's a fiscally conservative libertarian), he does care quite a bit about sustainable living issues.

Derec walks his talk, too -- he owns chickens, bees, rabbits, and grows some of his own food. He and his lovely wife, Camille, have been strong supporters of Heirloom Gardens and attended several of our classes.

I enjoy my friendship with Derec in part because he reminds me that people with seemingly disparate views can sit down together and have a friendly, informative chat. Before I had even heard of the Coffee Party Movement, Derec and I were meeting for coffee and talking for hours about the things that are important to us.

Derec was interviewed by The Huffington Post, and he mentioned Heirloom Gardens. Click here to read Derec's interview.

1 comment:

US Recall News said...

I agree; Derec is great. It would be the first time I'd ever voted republican if I were still in Denver. It is unfortunate that Libertarians have to run on the the republican ticket in order to get elected. Hopefully some day that will change.