Friday, January 1, 2010

Check Out the New Website for Sustainable Food Denver


Denver has a vibrant sustainability community, with numerous organizations (including Transition Denver, Feed Denver, Denver Urban Gardens, and many many others) devoted to promoting a variety of sustainable living issues.

I support what those groups promote, and I applaud their efforts. But - as I'm sure is abundantly clear from this blog - the issue of Food-Producing Animals (FPA) is something that's near and dear to my heart. I believe that this issue is important enough to warrant its own organization, solely focused on advocating for hen chickens, ducks, and dwarf goats in the city.


Therefore, I would like to present Sustainable Food Denver! (www.sustainablefooddenver.org) The website is finished, complete with a variety of information about fowl and goats, a little myth-busting, a review of the current permitting process, and an overview of what we'd like to achieve for our city. I'm especially excited about the "Economic Benefits" section, which details how much money a family can save by raising FPA in their backyard (while enjoying healthy, sustainable food in the process!).

So, please visit the website and poke around. Let me know if you find any errors, or if there's something additional you'd like to see. Be sure to join our Facebook group so you can be part of our efforts to lobby City Council for more appropriate FPA rules for our city.

No comments: