Saturday, January 9, 2010

Preparing

I've been indulging in some kitchen deep cleaning to prepare for the first Heirloom Gardens cooking class tomorrow. I have a bit of a romantic attachment to spices... not only are they fun to cook with, but I think they're beautiful to look at. A couple of years ago I devised a way to magnetically attach windowed spice boxes to the sides of my kitchen cabinets. This made my 54 spices easy to access, and an accessory as well!

The spice boxes had their 15 minutes (well, more like 5 minutes, probably) of fame when they were in 5280 magazine last year.


Now it's time to take the spice boxes down for a little cleaning.


Aren't they lovely?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I keep mine in similar boxes on the fridge.

Very cute and thanks for the reminder to go through my spices!

Sundari Elizabeth said...

Jessica, do you remember where you purchased your boxes? I got mine so long ago I can't remember, and I've had a couple of people ask me where they can find boxes like that.