Monday, September 13, 2010

Garden Photos

Ever since I started growing food, I realized that raising a garden can feel (a little) like raising a child. This was especially true with my first "real" garden -- I was proud of it and took so much pleasure in watching it grow. In fact, that was why I first began a garden blog... to show my friends and family my "baby" pictures.

So, we like to photograph the gardens periodically to document their progress. This year we were given an extra reason for pictures. We were nominated for a Mayor's Design Award, and we were asked to submit photos of the gardens. I don't think the nomination was based on having the most beautiful gardens in town (because I know that is in no way the case), but for creating a community project that helps make Denver a better place to live. Whether we end up receiving an award or not, we're very honored to be nominated. And, as a bonus, we had a reason to get some great pictures of the gardens! Many thanks (as always) to Brian Kraft Photography for the pictures.

Eli's garden before...


Eli's garden in late August.

Ann's garden before (that was a heck of a sinkhole to fill)...

Ann's garden in late August.



Kirsten's garden before...


Kirsten's garden in late August.

Sharon's garden before...



Sharon's garden in late August.



Tracey's garden before (well, I guess it was "during")...


Tracey's garden in late August.



Perry garden before...



Perry garden in late August.


Kirk's garden in late August.


The Lowell garden with (from left): Tracey (homeowner), Patty (NSA member), Brenda (gardener), Liz (homeowner), Sundari (gardener), Chad (gardener), Melody (gardener), Betsy (gardener)



...and, the Winona garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an honor to see the before and after pictures! Thank you for posting them and for all that you do!